|Day 1||Day 2|
|9:45-10:30am||World Cafe||Session 5|
|10:30-11:00am||Session Planning||Morning Tea|
|11:00-11:45am||Session 1||Session 6|
|11:45-12:30pm||Session 2||Session 7|
|1:30-2:15pm||Session 3||Session 8|
|2:15-3:00pm||Session 4||Session 9|
|4:30pm||Drinks then dinner|
What kinds of things will be covered in the sessions?
Using the ‘barcamp’ (or unconference) format, anyone who has a good idea to share is welcome to convene a session. If you’ve got a great strategy for promoting reading, run a session on it and invite others to share what they do. Co-convene, present as a group, do whatever you like.
This year for the first time we are dedicating two strands of the programme to:
- i) Next Generation Education (cutting edge pedagogy, curriculum, assessment and technology) and
- ii) Leadership (leading innovative practice from wherever you are in the organisation)
Sessions that are already being talked about include:
- Modern learning environments and modern learning practice
- Design thinking for educators
- Innovative organisations
- Student-controlled project-based learning
- BYOD (Bring your own device): using student-owned, mobile devices for learning. What? How? Why?
- Teacher Unconferences: supercharge teacher professional development by giving people space and a structure within which they can share what they are good at.
- Teaching as Inquiry: personalising professional learning, instead of one size fits none.
- Thinking pedagogically and technologically – making elearning work in and for your school.
- Leading change – Thoughts on inspiring and infusing a shift in your school.
- Being a professional in education – what does that mean? What does it look like?
- What are you reading? Books, articles, blogs that are making you think at the moment.